April 24th, 2023
AP Exams run May 1-12, 2023
AP daily practice sessions: https://www.youtube.com/user/advancedplacement/videos
We wish our AP students good luck on their exams!
April 24th, 2023
April 24th, 2023
Congratulations to all our award winners, we are so proud of you!
- The Rossview Playhouse has won 1st Place at the THSSDL State Tournament of Champions with their One Act Play, THAT’S NOT HOW I REMEMBER IT! Jaden Edwards won BEST ACTOR! Dilynn Riddle, Mallory Skernivitz, Allie Wells, and Elena Zimmerman were all added to the State All-Star Cast!
- Lindsey Lee placed 6th in Informative Speaking this weekend
- Congratulations to Jamie Noland for her performance in the 2023 Tennessee Music Educators Association 11-12 All-State Band on Saturday, under Col. (ret.) Lowell Graham.
- Congratulations to the Rossview High School Band of Pride, which was awarded the prestigious Tennessee Bandmaster’s Association Sweepstakes Award, which was earned in the 2019-2020 school year. Mr. Reynolds was presented the plaque on Thursday, April 20th, at the 64th Annual Tennessee Music Education Association conference. In order to qualify for this award from the Tennessee Bandmaster’s Association, band students have to meet certain requirements throughout the school year. This includes receiving a superior rating in marching band performance at a TBA sanctioned marching competition, and at least the top performing concert ensemble receiving a superior rating at their annual Concert Performance Assessment. In 2019-2020, the Rossview Marching Band of Pride received a superior at Stewart County High School’s Band Between the Lakes Invitational, and during the spring of 2020, both the RHS Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band received straight superior ratings at the Middle Tennessee Band and Orchestra Association’s Concert Performance Assessment.
- At the State Capitol in Nashville, over 700 students participated in the 70th annual Youth in Government Conference hosted by the YMCA Center for Civic Engagement. The following students were recognized for their excellence in civic affairs. Most Outstanding Statesperson: Londyn Terry, Anna Brown, and Liz Pfiefer. Most Outstanding Legislation: Anna Brown, Liz Pfeifer, and Hannah Ferreria. Also, Katie Reneau was selected by the YMCA to represent the state of Tennessee at the prestigious Conference on National Affairs. And finally, Carlie Viray will serve as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court at next year’s event.
April 24th, 2023
April 21st, 2023
Congratulations to Matthias Harris who signed a football scholarship with Tusculum University in Greeneville, Tennessee on Thursday, April 20, 2023.
April 20th, 2023
The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System, in partnership with the Clarksville-Montgomery County Industrial Development Board, will host the annual Senior Hiring Event on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, at the Wilma Rudolph Event Center. Students interested in participating must have their parent/guardian permission slip returned to their school counselor by Friday, April 21.
The Hiring Event will showcase jobs currently available in the Clarksville-Montgomery County community to CMCSS seniors graduating as part of the Class of 2023. Each year, the event introduces quality candidates to local business and industry leaders. Recent graduates are often an underutilized pool of candidates for recruitment efforts.
The event will run from 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., with schools visiting at scheduled times throughout the day. Human Resource personnel from each participating business will share available position overviews, salary and benefit information, as well as application and hiring protocols. Students will receive information on company culture, work environment, skills, and training opportunities.
The following businesses have been confirmed as participants in the event, and each will have at least five full-time, entry-level positions available at the time of the event. Participating companies include:
- Montgomery County Government
- Byard Construction
- United Rentals
- LG Electronics
- City of Clarksville
- NCI Drilling
- OEM Tube
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Clarksville-Montgomery County School System
- TN Dept. of Corrections
If students meet position requirements, and complete the application and interview processes of individual companies following the event, they have the potential to cross the high school graduation stage and walk directly into full-time employment opportunities in June.
April 19th, 2023
Congratulations to the Lady Hawks Softball Team who beat West Creek by a score of 14-0 on Thursday, April 13. Senior Rylee Lautzenheiser was recognized and celebrated at this game!
April 17th, 2023
April 13th, 2023
Rossview HOSA had the opportunity to travel to Knoxville, TN to compete at the HOSA State Leadership Conference. There, Cadence Gentile ran and was slated for Middle TN Vice President. Cadence also placed third in Extemporaneous Writing. Mahkia Walker, Sarah Mayes, and Emma Williams placed fourth in Medical Innovation. We are very proud of the dedication and effort of all those who competed.