This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Student Information Sheet
To ensure each student may have the best possible learning environment, the following classroom procedures will be observed.
- FOLLOW THE DAILY ROUTINE:
- Be in class EVERY DAY.
- Report to class ON TIME.
- Begin and complete OPENING ACTIVITY located on the screen
- Participate in classroom activities and assignments
- Raise your hand and be recognized before talking during class discussions
- TURNING IN ASSIGNMENTS:
- Turn in ALL assignments to your specific class basket located on the table next to the front door
- Turn in ALL homework assignments at the BEGINNING of class
- Label ALL papers with the following information:
- First name and last name
- Date that paper is due
- Assignment title
- MAKE-UP WORK:
- YOU are responsible for getting your missed assignments and notes
- Make-up assignments can be found in the folders on the bookshelf in the back of the room.
- Work assigned before you were absent and due a day you missed needs to be turned in the day you return to school
- Make-up assignments and late work should be turned in the gold wire basket located on the table next to the front door
- All due dates and test dates are announced in advance, therefore, if you miss school on a due date or test date you will be expected to turn in the assignment or take the test as soon as you return to school.
- Make-up tests are not necessarily the same as the test given during the regular class period
- Make-up test days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays after school (2:30-3:30)
- There are no bonus questions on make-up tests.
- HOMEWORK and CLASSWORK:
- You will have homework almost every night.
- All homework must be completed prior to the beginning of class.
- Class work will be completed during class and due at the end of the class period.
- Homework and class work are graded in the same way, usually worth 5 – 20 points for each assignment.
- ALL work MUST be shown and labeled appropriately when doing problem solving involving math computations.
- NO credit will be given if the work (math computation) is missing from the problem solving.
- Questions will come from all the material that has been covered for a particular unit.
- Save all worksheets, homework assignments, classwork, and/or lab reports. You will need them to study for your unit tests and semester exam.
- Tests generally consist of multiple choice questions, short answer, discussion, and math computations.
- There will be a test after every unit.
- Expect quizzes throughout the unit as well, both announced and unannounced.
- Lab equipment must be used carefully and correctly.
- Proper laboratory behavior and adherence to safety rules will be strictly enforced.
- Failure to comply will result in removal from lab and a zero for the work.
- CONSEQUENCES: (in order of offenses)
- Verbal warning
- Parent contact
- Behavior notification
- Official write up to principal
- Cheating in any form will not be tolerated. This is your only warning!!! This includes cheating
on tests, homework, and lab work. Infractions will be punished by an automatic zero with no
make-up. Also, parents will be notified.
- All grades will be computed on a total points basis.
- Points will be earned from:
- daily assignments
- lab assignments
FYI: I expect you to behave in a manner that shows respect for yourself and for others. Remember the three R’s: Respect yourself. Respect others. Be responsible for all your actions.